2023 eCommerce Calendar - Key Dates in Emerging Markets
In the dynamic world of eCommerce, key dates hold immense significance as they drive consumer spending and provide valuable opportunities for businesses to thrive.
In the dynamic world of eCommerce, key dates hold immense significance as they drive consumer spending and provide valuable opportunities for businesses to thrive. For example, on June 11th and 12th, Amazon Prime Day takes all the attention in the eCommerce world. This date has gained traction not only in the US but also in emerging markets worldwide.
Although some important dates vary globally, businesses that localize their promotions establish strong connections with their local audience. Let’s explore the most relevant eCommerce dates in Asia, Africa, and Latin America for 2023 and delve into the importance of local alternative payment methods in maximizing eCommerce conversion rates and success
- Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, India: November 11 is Single’s Day shopping festival, popularly known as 11.11, offering discounts and promotions in several Asian countries
- Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, India: Inspired by 11.11, December 12 is also getting popular in these countries
- Indonesia: Tokopedia, one of the most popular eCommerce companies in the country, celebrates its birthday with a lot of discounts during July and August.
- Nigeria: Maximize sales during Jumia’s Black Friday. On November 30, the event provided by one of the biggest eCommerce platforms in the country offers great discounts.
- Kenya: On November 27 leverage Cyber Monday to cater to online shoppers seeking exclusive deals
- South Africa: Drive eCommerce sales on November 24 during Black Friday
- Egypt: Amazon’s White Friday takes place from November 22 to 29, an essential online shopping event.
- Argentina: Children’s Day is celebrated on August 21, which prompts increased online shopping for toys, clothes, and gifts
- Brazil: In Brazil, Valentine’s Day is nationally celebrated on June 12, when Brazilians celebrate love through creative and romantic gifts
- Colombia: This country celebrates love on a different date. Valentine’s Day is celebrated on September 16, 2023
- Mexico: El “Buen Fin” – which can be translated to The Good Weekend in English – is known as the “cheapest weekend in the year,” celebrated between November 17 to 20, 2023.
To maximize eCommerce success on these dates, embracing local alternative payment methods tailored to each market’s preferences is crucial. Whether eWallets, local bank transfers, cash, or digital payments solutions, providing convenient and secure payment methods enhances the shopping experience, builds trust, and drives higher conversion rates.
The diversity of eCommerce dates in emerging markets presents unique opportunities for international enterprises to connect with local audiences and drive sales. By localizing promotions, embracing local alternative payment methods, and aligning marketing strategies with these key dates, businesses can unlock the full potential of eCommerce in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, fostering growth and establishing strong customer relationships.
dLocal helps companies to arrive and thrive in emerging markets. If you want to know more about dLocal’s payment solutions